Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crazy week



This past week has been crazy. It all started Friday evening we were heading home from an amazingly fun trip to Seattle. We met from friends at the museum and had a blast playing then loved the time we had window shopping at Ikea. On the way home Aubree zonked out and all was quiet, maybe a little too quiet. When she woke up she was upset I got her a binki and she calmed down, then we were getting off the exit to our home and she threw up everything that could possible be in her sweet little tummy. Then Saturday she was still not keeping anything down and was so thirsty it was breaking my heart. So I called the doctor and he suggested we take her to the ER. She was given an IV and some anti-nauseu meds which helped her and she seemed to be acting much better. while we were there they noticed she had some blood in her throw up so they said to watch her and contact the Dr. if there was any more problems. Sunday came and we thought we were through the worst of it. She was keeping fluids down and seemed to have some more energy.

Then Monday morning came, and with it brought more of the nasty stuff. So we made her an appointment to see the Dr. He looked at her and said to take her to the Hospital and have them put another IV in. Well she wasn't doing any better this time after the IV and had more blood in her vomit. So they admitted her to keep a close watch. She was so lathargic it was scarey. As a mother you never want to see your babies look so sad or sick. I wished I could make everything better to trade places with her. Finally after two days she started acting better and keeping things down, so we got to come home. I am so glad to be back home and have Aubree feeling better. It is so good to see her Beautiful smile.

3 comments:

Chantalle R. said...

Oh Emily, I am so sorry. Glad to hear she is on the mend. I know what it is like to feel helpless when you child is sick. You guys are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

There aren't words-what an awful ordeal, especially for one so teenie as Aubree :( Hang in there-you guys are in our prayers

Jolie said...

It seems unfair that babies so little and so unable to comprehend what's going on, can get so sick. Suffering should only be for us adults, not for children!
SO, SO glad to hear that she is better. I can't even imagine what you guys have been through. Makes me want to go hug my kids and thank God one more time for making them so healthy.
love