Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and Birthday fun

Nathan's Birthday was on Saturday. Wow 31! We were so glad he was able to come home for a few days so we could celebrate both Easter and his birthday with him. I am so glad he will only be gone for one more week then we will have him back again. The kids have really missed him this past month.




I was a little short on the number of candles for his cake. But I figured it we tried to put 31 candles on that cake it would have been close to a bonfire.


We took the kids to an Easter egg hunt in the morning. Amie was so funny, she would only pick up the pink eggs. Nathan was so confused why she was running past so many eggs till they got back and realized her basket was full of pink eggs. Ethan had fun too, he was in the field with the big kids. I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

3 comments:

Puhlman said...

That is so funny about Amie. My little Mayah is the same way. She will only drink from either a purple or pink cup. If she has any other color she will throw the cup. She thinks any other color is a boy cup. Too cute. So glad your hubby got to come home for his b-day. We only have a week left too and we will have our daddy home. Can't wait.

Stan and Jamie said...

I'm glad you got to have your husband home to celebrate!! :) And I LOVE the story about Amie and the pink eggs, that is so classic! Don't you just love little girls?!

Jolie said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! That is nice that he got to be home with family on his birthday. There's nothing suckier than spending birthdays alone!

I thought Amie's preference to the pink eggs was hilarious. Kids do the funniest stuff!